- Log into SonicWall administration portal.
- Go to Manage > Authentication > Users > Settings. On the Authentication tab change the User authentication method to “LDAP” and click the “CONFIGURE LDAP” button.
- A new window will appear. Set the Name or IP address field with your LastPass Universal Proxy hostname or IP address. Set the port, and the Server timeout to 60 seconds.
- Open the Login/Bind tab and provide a user credentials with enough permissions to search for users on the LDAP directory. This user must be the same that was provided during the Universal Proxy installation.
- Click on the Schema tab and select you LDAP schema.
- Open the Directory tab, click the “AUTO-CONFIGURE” button and verify that directory trees containing users and groups are correct. “Save” the changes.
- On the users settings screen click on the “CONFIGURE LDAP” button again and the open the Users & Groups tab. Set the default LDAP Users Group.
- Add the default LDAP users group to the SSL VPN Services group. Go to Manage > Users > Local Users & Groups. The open the Local Groups tab, edit the SSL VPN Services group and add the default LDAP users group as a member.
Congratulations! MFA login to SonicWall VPN is ready to use.