Part 1 – Configuration on LastPass Dashboard
- Open the LastPass Admin Dashboard. Select “Applications” from the left side menu and then select “Web App” from the submenu.
- Click on “+ Add SSO App” button from the upper right corner.
- A pop-up window will appear. Under the section: “Select your app”, click on “Search…” and type Zendesk to search the LastPass Catalog. Select Zendesk from the drop-down menu.
- Under the section: “Identity Provider”, you will find the required information such as “Entity ID”, “SSO End Point”, and “Logout URL”. Also, you can download the LastPass Metadata xml or Certificate file to your computer by clicking on the download arrow button next to “Metadata” or “Certificate”.
Part 2 – SSO Configuration on Zendesk
- Open a new tab on your browser and log into your Zendesk admin account using the following hyperlink:
- Select the “Security” option.
- Select “Single Sign-on” on the left side menu.
- Click on “Configure” option on the “SAML” setup box.
- Enable SAML and enter SAML SSO URL, Certificate fingerprint and Remote Logout URL that you copied from the LastPass dashboard.
- Save the changes.
- Click on “End users” tab on the left side menu of Zendesk Admin dashboard and select the “External authentication” option.
Selecting the Single sign-on option automatically deselects the Zendesk Authentication for the end users. For staff members, you have a choice to keep both authentication methods.
- If you want ALL users to only use a single sign-on method, deselect the Zendesk authentication option. This action will permanently delete all Zendesk passwords in your account within 24 hours.
For more information: visit Zendesk SSO set up page.
Part 3 – Finalizing SSO Configuration
- Go back to the browser tab where you have the LastPass Admin Dashboard open and expand the “Service Provider” section.
- Paste the following URL in the “ACS” text box: https://yourworkdomain.zendesk.com/access/saml
- Paste the following URL in the “Entity ID” text box: https://yourworkdomain.zendesk.com
- Click on “Save”.