Part 1 – Configuration on LastPass Dashboard
- Open the LastPass Admin Dashboard. Select “Applications” from the left side menu and then select “Web App” from the submenu.
- Click on “+ Add SSO App” button from the upper right corner.
- A pop-up window will appear. Under the section: “Select your app”, click on “Search…” and type Slack to search the LastPass Catalog. Select Slack from the drop-down menu.
- Under the section: “Identity Provider”, you will find the required information such as “Entity ID”, “SSO End Point”, and “Logout URL”. Also, you can download the LastPass Metadata xml or Certificate file to your computer by clicking on the download arrow button next to “Metadata” or “Certificate”.
Part 2 – Configuration on Slack
- Open a new tab on your browser and log into your Slack administrator account using the following hyperlink:
- On the next page, scroll down to configure “SAML authentication”.
- Select “Custom SAML 2.0” and click on the “Configure” button.
- On the next page enter the information as follows:
Sign In Page URL: SSO End Point that you copied from LastPass dashboard.
Certificate: copy and paste the contents of the certificate file you downloaded in part 1.
- Save changes.
Part 3 – Finalizing SSO Configuration
- Go back to the browser tab where you have the LastPass admin dashboard open.
- Expand the SP section, paste the following URL in the ACS URL text box:
- Click on “Save”.
Slack is now configured! At this point, you can assign users to Slack. Please see the Assign Users page for instructions.