Part 1 – Configuration on LastPass Dashboard
- Open the LastPass Admin Dashboard. Select “Applications” from the left side menu and then select “Web App” from the submenu.
- Click on “+ Add SSO App” button from the upper right corner.
- A pop-up window will appear. Under the section: “Select your app”, click on “Search…” and type Datadog to search the LastPass Catalog. Select Datadog from the drop-down menu.
- Under the section: “Identity Provider”, you will find the required information such as “Entity ID”, “SSO End Point”, and “Logout URL”. Also, you can download the LastPass Metadata xml or Certificate file to your computer by clicking on the download arrow button next to “Metadata” or “Certificate”.
Part 2 – Configuration on Datadog
- Please contact your Datadog account manager (or support team) and ask them to enable “IdP initiated Single Sign-on” feature on your account. Please share the Metadata file downloaded in part 1 with the Datadog support team.
- Open a new tab on your browser and log into your Datadog account.
- Click on your user icon on the left side panel, and select “Configure SAML” from the menu.
- On the “Configure SAML” page, please select upload the Metadata file you’ve downloaded in step 3.
- Click on “Enable SAML” button.
Part 3 – Finalizing SSO Configuration
- Go back to the browser tab where you have the LastPass admin dashboard open.
- Expand the “Service Provider” section and configure enter the following information you copied in the last part:
ACS: Paste the “Single Sign On Login URL” string
Entity ID: Paste the “Service Provider Metadata” string
- Click on “Save”.
Datadog is now configured! Please see the Assign Users page for instructions on assigning users to Datadog.